Farm management tools and information
- PCMars Farm Accounting Software website - Member Discount code - MNFBA15
- PCMars Backup Overview
- PcMars accounting data backup: Video Tutorial
- How to Start a New Set of Books in PcMars
- COVID-19 Resources
- Beginning Farmer Tax Credit
- 2018 Farm Bill Information
- Iowa Farm Custom Rate Survey
- UMN Extension Farm Tax and Legal
- UMN Extension Cropland Rental Rates
- UMN Extension Crop Insurance
- Emergency Livestock Mortality
- Analysis Preparation
- Email: How to attach and send files using email
- Cellphone: How to take and send pictures
- Accounting 101 Workshop offered: Putting the fun in 1+1 The basics of accounting - Handout
- Benchmark Review - This class will review how to read our benchmark reports
Operator's acceptable price and rent worksheets
The operator's cash rent worksheet is useful for farmers to calculate what cash rent they can afford. The worksheet was created by David Bau, an Extension educator in Agricultural Business Management. The current worksheet and more information on rental rates in Minnesota are available on the UMN Extension Farmland Rental Rates and Land Economics webpage.
University of Minnesota Resources
- University of Minnesota Extension Agricultural Business Management - includes a number of resources regarding business planning, marketing and risk management, the farm bill, farm finances and taxes, human resources management, and farm transfer and estate planning.
University of Minnesota Center for Farm Financial Management - includes publications and general information as well as access to a number of products including:
Minnesota Land Economics – includes information on farmland sales, land values and soils data.